Take me to the Pudding Club
12 August 2011
Calling all Pudding Lovers from Sheffield and Beyond
You are invited to the Missie Cindz ‘s seasonal pudding club on 17th September 2011, held in The Rutland Arms (upstairs) 4.00pm – 6.00pm, where you will be able to indulge in a sweet ‘5 course’ pudding set menu. Each event will be based on a theme, Autumn’s theme being based on ‘favourites’ – what’s your favourite pudding of all time? Let us know and you could find it served up to dig in!
To book a place and smiley spoon, tickets and bookings will be available from 22nd August.
Tickets priced £4.00 per person. Purchase tickets from the Rutland Arms bar, the event venue (Brown Street, Sheffield) or send Cindy Cheung, the event organiser (and Pud Lover), an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to book your spoon. Please allow 24 hrs for email confirmation of your booking. Your place/places are not guaranteed until you receive this email. Places are limited so please book early.
I liked the idea of a Pudding Club because it’s socially fun and you can chat to people over mouthfuls of sweet goodness. Each ‘Missie Pudding Club’ event will also feature a Sheffield Food Pudding ‘Star’ (woooo hoooo, I hear you all whistle and clap!? :), this will be a pudding made by an artisan, independent food producer/business based in the Sheffield area.
Look out for more event details on this Blog and tweets by following the hashtag #MissiesPuddingClub. I’ll be in touch soon with more Pudding updates. In the meantime, download this brightly coloured Pudding Club Poster, print it off and let all your friends and family members know that it’s all about pudding! :)
Autumn’s pudding theme is ‘Favourites’ – We asked the followers of the Missie Cindz what their favourite puddings were and here were some of your comments. A big thanks for your participation, you’re all nom! :)
- @WhyAyeMac Sticky toffee pudding & custard. Or banoffee pie. (I’m spotting an ‘offee’ theme)
- @weloveu Sticky Toffee Pudding
- @ginger_bred treacle sponge/treacle tart but I also love key lime pie.
- @kipikapopo I am a big fan of ‘raw food’ at the moment so it would have to be a raw lime and coconut tart
- @CU84 favourite pudding? Warm chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream. Simple but heavenly!
- @hashtagbrownies Eton mess, sticky toffee, spiced gingerbread brownie & ice cream
- @Jessica_Flinn chocolate and raspberry cheese cake with vanilla ice cream
- @kayjoyd bread and butter pudding made with homemade marmalade and Jack Daniels is my fave pud
- @julia_design chocolate cheesecake :) yum!
- @RuthEHawke sticky toffee pudding or marble cheesecake or New York cheesecake. Ok, there’s three!
- @RuthEHawke How could I just choose one? It’s like asking a mother to pick her favourite child…but harder ;)
- @KatePinkSmith anything lemon
- @LiamSwift87 We should make a Lemon Meringue with purple food colouring in the Meringue
- @PJtaste Bilberry tart with some Longley Farm Creme Fraiche – must get out and pick some more bilberries before they are over
- @PJtaste Eton Mess with Sheff fruits and Our Cow Molly ice cream
- @eatSheffield Eve’s pudding creme Anglais…Caramelised lemon tart raspberry coulis, anything with praline
- @ThreemintTea cherry plate pie or tart tatin
- @TheFoodNut Tiramisu. Coffee chocolate, cream. Can’t go wrong
- @Yummie_Cakes New York cheesecake, mmmmm nom nom nom!
- @martsky non-baked cheesecake or treacle sponge and custard
- @fronbow rice pudding or treacle (sticky toffee) pudding with custard for me
- @dicoupey black forest gateux choc cake. tick. cream. tick. cherries. tick. I’m retro all the way
- @beaneee I have two favourites: cheesecake (not baked) and rhubarb crumble and custard
- @digital_glue Rhubarb Crumble / Treacle Tart / Black Forest Gateau / Banoffee Pie / Chocolate Fudge cake with ice cream
- @Dannyserc Rubarb crumble!
- @HannahRambles Bread and Butter Pudding
- @kittykanzashi Tricky! If the pudding can be served with custard then I want it.