Sweet party Ideas just for you
Forget sweet and sour, I love combining sweet and salty flavours together especially when chocolate, toffee and salt is involved. I first made these cute party-styled shots at Missie’s Party-themed Pud Inn back in September – you can read the blog post here from fellow food blogger @PinkLittleBean. These are best served in individual portions and the presentation of these are bound to impress your friends!
Serve them with a grissini/bread stick and you’ll be reminded of those retro KP Nuts chocolate dip pots back from your school day’s tuck shop – and that’s always a good memory! I always couldn’t decide whether I was more in love with the biscuit sticks, or the creamy chocolate dip I dunked them in :)
Find the recipe below for you to make at home for that all-impressive Christmas party sweet snack – and make sure you do the sprinkles round the edge look, it’s worth the time, the end result is bound to make your friends smile!
Ingredients / makes 20-25 shots glasses
- 1 can of Carnation Caramel
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus extra to serve
- 300g luxury milk chocolate, broken into squares
- 75g hundred and thousand sugar strands
- 300ml double cream, at room temperature
- 50ml milk
- bread sticks to serve
- Melt 300g milk chocolate in a glass bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Dip the rim of a shot glass into the melted chocolate (not too much just enough to wet the rim) and then dip into the coloured sugar strands. Repeat until about 20 shot glasses have colourful looking rims.
- Mix the caramel with the salt. Mix really well. Divide between 20-25 small glasses and chill (I placed a generous teaspoon into each glass).
- Stir the double cream and milk into the remaining melted chocolate until smooth – if the chocolate’s gone thick, turn the heat back up and make sure the chocolate is nice and smooth before mixing with the cream, then scrape into a jug.
- Slowly pour on top of the caramel, around the edges first. Chill the pudding shots for at least 2 hrs.
- To serve, scatter a little more sea salt on top of each glass, then give each guest/diner a grissini/bread stick to dip into their delicious salted caramel shots …a shot of sweet happiness that’s bound to make them swoon! Enjoy :)